
I was watching the news on TV3 for a while just now and I came across one part of the news, talking about the one Malaysia concept. Our current Prime Minister said that Sarawak is the best example to portray the One Malaysia concept. I strongly agree with what he said because I experienced it my self. Well, I have to admit that I don't really understand what One Malaysia means but I know it has something to do with creating the bond between Malaysian people without noticing their races and religions. Sarawak is not the only one who portrays this one Malaysia concept, but Sabah too.
I had quite a lot of fun last Saturday. I went for a barbecue party a.k.a reunion party at my friend's house. I met my old schoolmates from high school. We all had fun that night as we recalled back our old days when we were in primary and secondary school. But what I really like the most is the how all of us share our happiness with each other even though we all are from different races. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell that among my friends who attended the party are my Bidayuh, Malay, Chinese, and Iban friends. We all speak one language, that is the Melayu Sarawak. There should be an Indian too, but he's too far to attend our reunion party. In my opinion, this is what One Malaysia means. One more thing, most of my friends who are from Sarawak and Sabah are from mixed marriage family, and maybe that's why we all can mix together very well.
I've been studying in west Malaysia for quite a while and I've noticed the difference between Borneo region and West Malaysia region. No offense, but whenever there's a party or prom night or what ever it is, mostly only one race attend that event. I'm not talking about a particular event tho. In my campus, I can see that each race only mix with their own race. Oh well...
Maybe we should think back properly what are the real objectives of this One Malaysia concept. THINK BACK PROPERLY, do you think it's possible for us to achieve the One Malaysia concept if we keep on isolating ourselves from friends from other race? Only you yourself know the answer.




0 comments:
Post a Comment