
I suddenly felt the urge to write this post last night after I came back from church, but the line was bad. So I did it today. I just want to share to you guys about something I've experienced yesterday, and how does this topic related with my experiences. It's better if I explain from A to Z. Hehe...
A testimony from a child of God (that's me ;) )
Early this semester, I was so damn dissapointed to know that I won't be able to go to church for this whole sem. It's because I have class every Sunday morning, from 9-12pm. Pathetic right, class on Sunday... I'm taking my major subject this semester, which is Petroleum Chemistry, and the only lecturer who is capable to teach us this subject has been promoted to be the Director of Jabatan Sains Negara. I mean, who does not want to leave his or her job as a university lecturer for this position right? So of course, she gave up her position for the new position. Our faculty has no choice but to import a lecturer from Universiti Teknologi Petronas to teach us the subject, and the only day that she is available is on Sunday. I can't do anything but to accept the fact that I can't go to church for this whole semester.
Why is it so important for me to go to church when i can always strengthen my faith by doing my own bible study and also do a devotion time with HIM everyday? Well maybe others can do this, but for me, going to church is a way to keep me on track and discipline me to remember God everyday.
For the last 6 weeks, I have not touch my bible, except for my devotion book, and I rarely pray to God. I always think negative, and I seldom look at the bright side of my life. I felt like I'm so far away from God, and I felt like a sinful person for not remembering Him each day in my life. That was for the last 6 weeks.
Till last week, I've decided to find an alternative way to go to church. I told myself, I must go to church no matter what, coz I realized how far I am from God nowadays,. Thanks to my dear friend, JOANNE VOON, she invited me to go to her church since the service starts at 430pm every Sunday. It's called the ACTS Church, located at Subang Jaya. If you wanna know more about the church, click on this link www.theactschurch.org.
The transport is also provided for us students. So I thought, why not give it a try. although I'm quite nervous, afraid that I'll feel awkward when I go there later....
Moving on...
So yesterday, after class, my mind was like 50-50. Whether I should go or not. Because I felt so sleepy after the class and the lazy-ness came and try to seduce me not to go. But then I managed to overcome the feeling and forced myself to go. For the first time I stepped in into that church ( it is located inside the Summit Shopping Complex), I heard a song by Switchfoot, "We were meant to live" and I thought, "eh? That's not a praise song", but I enjoyed it. That time the service haven't started yet lah... I was amazed by their warm welcome, and I saw a lot of students around my age in that church, mostly from Lim Kok Wing, Sunway, Segi.... Joanne once warned me not to freak out because their church is like a rock church.
The opening song was really a rock song, but still a praise song, only that it suits us teenagers. I told Joanne, "I love this church!!!" They even have this live telecast like in the TV Show, and I thought, "wow, this is way to cool!!" The praise and worship was great, the sermon was really interesting. I remembered a sentence said by the pastor, " the most important relationship is our relationship with God, because that is what matters the most when we leave the world tomorrow." This word struck me so hard, that i almost cry. But I tahan. No tears came out from my eyes. By the time when he asked those who wants to build their relationship with God and those who wants to renew their relationship with God, I was one among Seven who raised up their hand. I'm a newcomer in that church, and yet I dare to raise my hand. haha... Well actually, Holy Spirit was working in my soul that time. So I didn"t care and I'm not shy at all. The church leader then brought me to a room, and they talked to me and i told them why I raised my hand. They were so nice, and they motivate me a lot. God has plans for me, and for me going to that church yesterday was not a coincidence, it's something that God had planned. They even gave me a devotional book, and some freebies form that church since I'm a newcomer. At first I thought I have to pay for all that stuffs. hehe.. After the service, my mind is so free... I feel like I've been borned again. I started to appreciate the presence of God in my life again, and I feel so blessed. Thank you God for your plan for me.
From now on, I would like to dedicate my life back to God and strengthen my relationship with Him, coz that is what matters the most. Thank You God!
Why is it so important for me to go to church when i can always strengthen my faith by doing my own bible study and also do a devotion time with HIM everyday? Well maybe others can do this, but for me, going to church is a way to keep me on track and discipline me to remember God everyday.
For the last 6 weeks, I have not touch my bible, except for my devotion book, and I rarely pray to God. I always think negative, and I seldom look at the bright side of my life. I felt like I'm so far away from God, and I felt like a sinful person for not remembering Him each day in my life. That was for the last 6 weeks.
Till last week, I've decided to find an alternative way to go to church. I told myself, I must go to church no matter what, coz I realized how far I am from God nowadays,. Thanks to my dear friend, JOANNE VOON, she invited me to go to her church since the service starts at 430pm every Sunday. It's called the ACTS Church, located at Subang Jaya. If you wanna know more about the church, click on this link www.theactschurch.org.
The transport is also provided for us students. So I thought, why not give it a try. although I'm quite nervous, afraid that I'll feel awkward when I go there later....
Moving on...
So yesterday, after class, my mind was like 50-50. Whether I should go or not. Because I felt so sleepy after the class and the lazy-ness came and try to seduce me not to go. But then I managed to overcome the feeling and forced myself to go. For the first time I stepped in into that church ( it is located inside the Summit Shopping Complex), I heard a song by Switchfoot, "We were meant to live" and I thought, "eh? That's not a praise song", but I enjoyed it. That time the service haven't started yet lah... I was amazed by their warm welcome, and I saw a lot of students around my age in that church, mostly from Lim Kok Wing, Sunway, Segi.... Joanne once warned me not to freak out because their church is like a rock church.
The opening song was really a rock song, but still a praise song, only that it suits us teenagers. I told Joanne, "I love this church!!!" They even have this live telecast like in the TV Show, and I thought, "wow, this is way to cool!!" The praise and worship was great, the sermon was really interesting. I remembered a sentence said by the pastor, " the most important relationship is our relationship with God, because that is what matters the most when we leave the world tomorrow." This word struck me so hard, that i almost cry. But I tahan. No tears came out from my eyes. By the time when he asked those who wants to build their relationship with God and those who wants to renew their relationship with God, I was one among Seven who raised up their hand. I'm a newcomer in that church, and yet I dare to raise my hand. haha... Well actually, Holy Spirit was working in my soul that time. So I didn"t care and I'm not shy at all. The church leader then brought me to a room, and they talked to me and i told them why I raised my hand. They were so nice, and they motivate me a lot. God has plans for me, and for me going to that church yesterday was not a coincidence, it's something that God had planned. They even gave me a devotional book, and some freebies form that church since I'm a newcomer. At first I thought I have to pay for all that stuffs. hehe.. After the service, my mind is so free... I feel like I've been borned again. I started to appreciate the presence of God in my life again, and I feel so blessed. Thank you God for your plan for me.
From now on, I would like to dedicate my life back to God and strengthen my relationship with Him, coz that is what matters the most. Thank You God!




4 comments:
Hi Stella,
I am happy to hear this. There are many churches in KL but please do be careful with the doctrine. A true church believes in Jesus Christ as God. As long as they believe in this, then it is fine. I got to know the Lord from one of the charismatic churches in KL. There are many weaknesses in our church in Serian which the PCC and I are trying to improve. We hope that more young people like you will support us in growing the church, especially when you come back to Serian.
I am glad that God has touched you now and through the church over there. At least we know, He is watching you wherever you are. Keep the fire going yeah?
HI Bro. Willie,
thank you. I just feel like sharing this to everyone so that they can experience God's love too. Yeah, my friend once told me about those doctrine church, but don't worry. This church definitely believe in Jesus Christ. So I think it's the best place for me. the sermon, the praise and worship, the people...I really like it there.
Sure. no problem bro! ;)
Frankly speaking, every church has doctrines. A church cannot survive without a 'doctrine'. Doctrines are basically just outline of the core belief system of that church. Things like trinity, hell as a world of eternal fire torture, heaven, Jesus is God, etc etc etc. No matter where you get planted, always pray to God for understanding of His Word that suits you and the plan He has for your life. I prayed for this a long time ago, and I dare say that the understanding God has given me about many verses in the bible, even though contradicts many church leaders' interpretations, has done nothing but strengthen my belief in Christianity, Jesus and God :) Pray for understanding that'll strengthen your spirit man
But stella... at least ur church service starts at 4.30pm.. as for me.. i've to go straight without hving dinner eh... anyway.. really glad to hear tat u finally find a church where u can continue to build ur relationship with God... God bless...
Post a Comment